"Books are the carriers of civilisation. Without books, history is silent, literature is dumb, science scrippled, thought and speculation at a stand still. Books are engines of change, windows on the world and light houses errected in the sea of time." - Barbara W. Tuchman
Inception and Growth
College Library was established in the year 1993, with a built-up area of 770sft catering to the needs of 5 UG courses initially. With the expansion of courses offered in the college, later in the year 2002 Library was bifurcated for UG and PG courses separately . Increase in the number of UG and PG Courses in the college had made changes in the library and shifted it to the present Building (NEW BLOCK) where it covers a floor area of 7,562sqft.
- 1. Encourage students to update their Knowledge in various subjects.
- 2. Inculcate the habit of using good quality reference books..
- 3. Provide access to latest information through Inflibnet /Journals/Web/Magazines.
The library has a collection of 31,611 Volumes and 12,236 Titles for reference purpose. College library subscribes for 24 periodicals,14 daily newspapers,67 journals which includes peer reviewed both International and National. Library also maintains a collection of 1911 project thesis (616 Hard copies and 1291 Soft copies) ,CDs/DVDs 1399 of various subjects. Library runs with an automated issue and renewal of books with library automation software - LIBMAN. College library also has book bank scheme - A collection books donated by Alumini students, which are issued in addition to the regular issues. We also have Inflibnet facility where in users can access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the N-List through servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre. College library also provide Internet and Intranet facilities for the Students & Faculty. Library provides reference, documentation and bibliographical assistance to its readers. Reprographic facility is also available on payment. Library also has institutional membership with DELNET. Library has formed NDLI Club with Students and Faculty as its members and will do regular activities like Book Reviews and Book Talk, etc. to develop the reading habits.
Department wise Books and Journals / Magzines
|Name of the Dept.||Title||Volume||Journal/Magazine||Departmental Library|
|Mathematics & Statistics||469||1703||1||- -|
|Physics & Electronics||841||1896||4||272|
|Genetics & Biotechnology||395||828||1||79|
|Bachelor of Arts||659||1703||4||69|
|Management Studies||3585||9554||26||- -|
|Book Banks(BB)/Book Bank University(BBU)||802||2664||- -||- -|
Working Hours: 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM
Transactions: 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM
CD/DVDs: Total: 1399 Textbooks:1011; Magazines: 388
Projects: Hard Copies:616 Softcopies:1295
Back Volumes: 457
- 1 Talapatra Grandham - Adi Parvam of Mahabharata
- 5 Books by Panini Maharshi, Valmiki Maharshi and Vyasa Maharshi
Seating Capacity: 150
Digital Library: 12 Multimedia Systems
- The Library is primarily for the use of faculty, research scholars, students, and non-teaching employees of the College.
- On special request, outsiders are also admitted for a short period for conducting research with written permission of the Librarian
- The privilege of borrowing books from the Library is restricted to the members only.
- To become a member a person has to fill out a registration form and submit it at the circulation counter. Non-teaching employees must send their forms attested by the Principal
- All the members should return books borrowed from the Library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a “No due” certificate from the Library
- The Librarian reserves the right to allow more books on special request, if any.
Category No. of books Loan period All teaching staff 8 One Month Research scholars 5 14 days Post-Graduate students 4+1 Book Bank book 14 days Under-Graduate students 2+1 Book Bank book 14 days Non-teaching employees 2 14 days
- Loose issues and bound volumes of periodicals are not for issue
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of ID card issued by the College.
- All members need to obtain a “No due” certificate for refund of caution money or for other purpose after returning all the books and also clear any dues outstanding against them.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall any book from any member at any time.
- The Loan period may be reduced by the Librarian, if the books are on special demand.
- Books issued maybe renewed for a further period provided no other member has reserved the same.
- A member can reserve a book which is on loan by filling a prescribed form available at the circulation counter or using the online reservation facility
- Photo copy facility is available on payment for all the members of the Library between 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls.
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the Library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader
- Members shall not smoke, or spit in any part of the Library
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the Library.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the Library and will be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian
- Members shall not bring personal belongings and Library books issued to them inside the Library.
- Members leaving the Library should stop at the exit so that the materials borrowed or taken out of the Library by them may be checked.
- Upon any infringement of the Library rules members will forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the Library.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the Library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing books will be suspended forthwith from using the Library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the College
INTERNET and Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facilities are open for
the registered members of the library only.
No outsider will be allowed to use this facility.
- Users should carry their Identity Card and show to the Library Staff on demand.
- Maximum period of browsing is restricted to One hour only
- Use this facility only to support your academic and research activities.
- Please make way to the others to use this facility also.
- Since this facility is for the registered members, please help us in identifying the unauthorized users.
- It is the collective responsibility as for as the safety of the systems is concerned. Please bring it to the notice of the Librarian, any abuse of the systems.
- Please note that all these Computers are equipped with the “Electronic Surveillance Software” to detect the INTERNET Sites visited and searched by each user.
- Please use this facility with care and Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to the user found misusing, apart from initiating appropriate further action as per the College rules by the Authorities.
- The facility is available during the working hours of the library i.e., between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm on all working days
College Library Services
All the students who has enrolled in any course in the college is eligible to become member and can utilize all the services offered by the library. All the staff are also the members of the library.2. Circulation
All the members can barrow the books as below:Student
UG Students : 2 books for 14 days with maximum 2 times renewal
PG Students : 4 books for 14 days with maximum 2 times renewal
Fine will be imposed after due date to date of returning the book.
Teachers : 8 books for one month maximum one semester
Non Teachers : 2 books for 14 days
Members can avail the photocopying facility on payment basis4. Inter Library Loan Facility:
Members can avail Inter Library Loan service via NLIST or DELNET5. Reference Services
All the books are open access and can browse the books of their choice, if any book is non traceable, they can avail the library staff services in tracing the books or location of books. Books are arranged according to the subject wise in classifying order.6. OPAC/MOPAC
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC): On Desktop and Laptop, the barrower can search the books through OPAC by Title, Author, Publishers wise. It will display the status of the book.
Whereas MOPAC service is offered through Mobile App, it can be downloaded from Google Play Store of Android Mobiles.
M-OPAC allows user to search a book from any registered colleges / Institutes libraries. 2)M-OPAC app display consolidated library data at a glance. 3)User can search books by different tags like : Title, Author, Publisher, Subject and Keywords. 4)User would be able to see information regarding the book like Author, Publishers, Publish year, Accession numbers with Series code, ISBN, Call No (Classification Number + Book Number), Quantity of Book.7. Internet Facility
Library has 12 Computers with Multimedia facility and networked with LAN connectivity with 100 Mbps internet speed. Members can access e-resources like online journals, ebooks, OPAC, NLIST, DELNET, NDLI, Emails, DTP, and other Internet activities, etc.8. Library Orientation
Library orientation program is organized for all freshers on facilities and collections of Library.9. Book bank scheme
It is a collection of books donated by Alumni. This service is provided free of cost and is over and above the regular issue of Books on ID cards. Students can keep the Books for One Semester.10. Digital Library
12 Multimedia systems are available for students/staff for browsing Internet and electronic resources which are subscribed and open access.11. Automation
Library is Automated with LIBMAN (Library Management System) Software. It efficiently manages all the in-house operations of the Library like acquisition, cataloging, circulation, OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue), mobile OPAC, serial control, newspaper, utility. It is cloud based and barcode enabled.
During this Pandemic, Library has prepared a list of useful open access e-resources to support online requirements of the faculty and student members.Websites for Learning Languages
CMIE Prowess: https://prowessdx.cmie.com/
- eHow: https://www.ehow.com/
- What: https://whatis.techtarget.com/
- Webopedia: https://www.webopedia.com/
- Plagiarism Tracker: https://www.plagtracker.com/
- Answers: https://www.answers.com/
- SportsLine: https://www.sportsline.com/
- Sports Illustrated: https://www.si.com/
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES
National Digital Library of India: https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in
Open Knowledge Repository : https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
Science Direct Open Access Contents : https://www.sciencedirect.com/#open-access
Oxford Open: https://academic.oup.com/journals/pages/open_access
Project Euclid : https://www.projecteuclid.org/librarians/lib_oa
Springer Open Journals: https://www.springeropen.com/journals
Springer Open Access Books : https://link.springer.com/search/page/3?facet-content-type=%22Book%22&package=openaccess
Taylor and Francis Open Journals: https://www.tandfonline.com/openaccess/openjournals
Cambridge University Press: https://www.cambridge.org/core/what-we-publish/open-access
Open Access on MUSE: https://about.muse.jhu.edu/muse/open-access-overview/
Palgrave Macmillan: https://www.palgrave.com/gp/rights-permissions/open
Wiley Online Library: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/
Open Access India: http://openaccessindia.org/
Southern Connecticut State University: https://libguides.southernct.edu/openaccess
KAUST University Library: https://library.kaust.edu.sa/newsitem/openaccesspublishing
CORE: World Largest - Open Access Research Papers: https://core.ac.uk/
Saylor Academy: https://www.saylor.org/
- New World Encyclopedia: https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Info:Main_Page
- Encyclopedia: https://www.encyclopedia.com/
- Encyclopedia of Mathematics: https://encyclopediaofmath.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: https://iep.utm.edu/
- Encyclopedia of Astronautica: http://www.astronautix.com/
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: https://plato.stanford.edu/index.html
- Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences Encyclopedia: https://oeis.org/
- Impact Journals: http://www.impactjournals.us/index.php
- Directory of Open Access Journals: https://doaj.org
- NISCAIR Online Periodical Repository: http://nopr.niscair.res.in/
- Chemspider: http://www.chemspider.com/
- Hindwani Publishing: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/
- PLOS: https://plos.org/
- Springer Open Journals: https://www.springeropen.com/journals
- Science Alert: https://scialert.net/
- National Centre for Biotechnology Information: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- Academic Journals: https://academicjournals.org/
- Oxford Open Journals: https://academic.oup.com/journals/pages/journals_a_to_z
- SkillUp by Simplilearn
- Great Learning
- Future Skills
- SWAYAM (MOOC)
- SWAYAMPRABHA: View Digital Courses on TV
- ePG Pathshala
- Spoken Tutorials
- Virtual Labs
- National Digital Library of India
- FOSSEE:Free/Libre Open Source Software and Education
- NPTEL Online Certification
- Video Lecture
- OPEN YALE COURSES
- MIT OPEN COURSEWARE
- KHAN ACADEMY
- ACADEMIC EARTH
- Consortium for Education Communication
- D’Source: Creating Digital-learning Environment for Design
- Developing Methods and Research in eLearning
- OER Congress
- OpenStax CNX
- School Education
- Harvard Online Courses
- Future Learn
- University of People
- Class Central
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Project Gutenberg
- GALILIO Open Learning Materials
- HathiTrust Digital Library
- Million Book Project
- Teaching Commons
- World eBook Library
- National Academic Press
- JSTOR Open Access Books
- OPEN Library
- Rare Book Room
- Project Gutenberg
- Open Access Directory
- Open Text Books
- eBook Directory
- Internet Archive
- Many Books
- Spark Notes
- Open Text Books of Hong Kong
- MIT Open Online Text Books
- Open Culture
- Rakuten Kobo
- Free eBooks
- Book Yard
- World - Online Newspapers
- India – Online Newspapers
- Indian States – Regional
- Links to all Countries Newspapers
- Language wise Newspapers
- www.indiabix.com - Mathematics and reasoning.
- www.gktoday.in- Current affairs and Gk.
- www.mrunal.org- Current events.
- www.tcyonline.com- Mock tests.
- www.wolframalpha.com- Problems Queries.
- www.biologyexams4u.com- Biology.
- www.ibpsexamguru.in- IBPS Exam Guru
- www.talentsprint.com- Talent Sprint
- www.jagranjosh.com- Jagran Josh
- www.gkduniya.com- GK Duniya
- www.freeonlinetest.in- Free Online Test
- www.cybermocktest.com- Bank PO Mock Test
- www.youtube.com- TSBankersChoice
- www.indgovtjobs.in- Government Jobs
- careeradda.co.in- Career Adda.
National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST)
The authorized users from colleges can now access e-resources and download articles required by them directly from the publisher's website once they are duly authenticated as authorized users through servers deployed at the INFLIBNET Centre. The N-LIST project provides access to e-resources to students, researchers and faculty from colleges and other beneficiary institutions through server(s) installed at the INFLIBNET CentreDELNET
DELNET has been actively engaged with the compilation of various Union Catalogues of the resources available in member-libraries .It has already created the Union Catalogue of Books,Union List of Current Periodicals, Union Catalogue of Periodicals,CD-ROM Database,Database of Indian Specialists, Database of Periodical Articles, Union List of Video Recordings, Urdu Manuscripts' Database, Database of Theses and Dissertations, sample databases of language publications using GIST technology and several other databases. The data is being updated in these databases and is growing rapidly. It is IP based access within the campus. Inter Library Loan facility is available through DELNETNDLI Club
National Digital Library of India Club (NDLI Club) is an enabler of career progression for students, job seekers, researchers and learners. NDLI Clubs are set up in institutes and nodal bodies, and these Clubs conduct events to facilitate students to develop knowledge, skill and traits beyond regular curriculum which are essential for their progression in respective professional domain. The events may be either physical or virtual. Virtual events are web-based and are conducted through the NDLI Club portal. The events are organized at respective institute level or city/district/state/regional level or all-India level
Development of knowledge, skill and traits needs access to varieties of learning resources. NDLI Club members can access a huge repository of free and open access learning resources, from anywhere and at any time, either through desktop PC or laptop or tablet or mobile, from National Digital Library of India (NDLI) (https://www.ndl.gov.in or https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in). NDLI and NDLI Club are initiatives of Ministry of Education (MOE), Government of India, through its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). These are National Mission projects and part of Digital India Mission of the country. NDLI provides contents for all academic levels including lifetime learners, all disciplines and in most of the widely used Indian languages, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world. NDLI and NDLI Club are services that are not just for some, but for all of India to learn, share, grow and democratize education in the country.
Chair person : Prof. Y. Ashok
Co-ordinator : Dr. J.Sarada
Secretary : Mr. L. Vijay Bhasker
- Mr. N.Bhaskar
- Mr. G. Mahesh Kumar
- Ms. Rachana Sarma
- Ms. R. Anuradha
- Ms. Sreemathi Raghunandan
- Ms. K. Meena Rani
- Mr. Y. Suresh
- Mr. TVLNH Prasad
- Ms. Raheshwari
- Dr. Manju Devi
- Dr. I. Rachana Kumari
- Dr. Shalini Devi
- Ms. Achuta
- Dr. Kavita Lal
- Dr. Bhibendu Das
- Mr. Chandan Babu
- Mr. C. Vamshi Mohan
Mr. L.Vijay Bhasker
Nodal Officer - VIDWAN, IRINS
|Mr. L. Vijay Bhasker||Librarian||B. Com, M.A(PPM), M.L.I.Sc. PGDLAN, PGDCA APSET & UGCNET|
|Mr. C. Vamsi Mohan||Assistant Librarian||B.Com., B.L.I.Sc., Certficate in DP&CS,Computing|
|Mr U Bhaskar||Book Bearer||B.Com., B.L.I.Sc., Certificate in MS Office|
|Mrs C Swapna||Attender||B.Com.|
- Web of Science
- UGC CARE List
- Indian Citation Index
- Research Guides
- Research Guides
- Citation Styles
- Student Guide to Citation Style
- Research Tutorial
- SocOpen: open archive of the social sciences
- Web Crawler
- AOL Search
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations
- ProQuest Digital Theses
- Australian University: Thesis and Dissertation
- Talk to Teacher
- Indian Patent Office
- Google Patents
- Global Open Standards
- Open Standards
- Open Geospatial Consortium
- Indian Patent Search
- Free Patents Online
- Creative Commons
- ISNI Standard (ISO 27729):
- Open Access Journal Publishing Resource Index
- Google Scholar
- Bielefeld Academy Search Engine (BASE)
- Connecting Repositories
- Internet Public Library
- FIDMATH: Mathematics Information Service
- The WWW Virtual Library
- India Bioscience
- World Library of Science
- Multi Subject Gateways
- IIT Council
- Research Project Database
- Shodhganga: A Reservoir of Indian Theses
- ShodhGangotri: Indian Research in Progress
- National Digital Library of india
- VIDWAN: Expert Database and National Research Network
- PUBMED Central:
Mr. Lode Vijay Bhasker:Librarian
- Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science, Humanities and Commerce
- Phone: 040-27111611 (Ext: 210) Mobile: 9441282958
- Email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help / Video
- NDLI User Awareness Session
- How to participate and get certificate of NDLI Club Event